Note: This article applies to devices running software 2.0 or newer. For information on how to update your reMarkable, head here.
Folders help you organize your notebooks, PDFs, and ebooks. Define your own file structure with folders and subfolders under My files.
When a folder has content the folder icon changes from white to black.
In this example "Work" have content, and "Personal files" is empty.
How to create new folders
- Create a new folder from My files by tapping the new folder icon.
- Add content to a folder by long-pressing a notebook, PDF, or ebook, then tapping Move and choosing the right folder. Confirm the action by tapping Move here.
How to rename a file or a folder:
- Long-press on the file or folder you want to rename.
- Tap Rename ( ).
- Use the on-screen keyboard to write in your new file/folder name.
- Tap Save to save the changes. If you want to discard your changes, tap Cancel.