Folders help you organize your notebooks, PDFs, and ebooks on your reMarkable. You can create your own file structure with folders and subfolders under My files in whichever way suits you best.
Creating new folders
Step by step guide
- Create a new folder from My files by tapping the new folder icon.
- Add content to a folder by long-pressing a notebook, PDF, or ebook, then tapping Move and choosing the intended folder. Confirm the action by tapping Move here.
Note that when one of your folders has content the folder icon changes from white to black.
In this example "Work" is empty, and "Summer 19" has notes or files inside.
Renaming files or folders
1. Long-press the file or folder you want to rename.
2. Tap Rename ( ).
3. Use the on-screen keyboard to write your new file/folder name.
4. Tap Save to save the changes. If you want to discard your changes, just tap Cancel.
Note: This article applies to devices running software 2.0 or newer. For information on how to update your reMarkable, head here.