Read this article to learn how to set up your new reMarkable paper tablet.
The setup consists of a few simple steps that will get your reMarkable ready to go. The device arrives partially charged and doesn't require any additional charging prior to setup.
Warning: To avoid damage or injuries, read our safety and handling information before using your reMarkable.
What you need to get started
- Your reMarkable paper tablet
- USB-C cable and USB power adapter
- A smartphone or computer
- Access to a Wi-Fi network
How to set up your reMarkable
Step by step:
1. Press and hold the power button to get started.
2. Test your writing on the display.
Connect to Wi-Fi
3. Choose an available Wi-Fi network. If necessary, enter your Wi-Fi password.
4. Type the password and tap Enter.
Connect to enterprise networks by entering the following:
- EAP method: PEAP
- Validate CA certificate: Off
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
- Enter identity: Type your username here
- Enter anonymous identity: Leave this blank
- Enter password: Type your password here
Please note that these settings are case-sensitive.
5. Tap Enter to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Note: You can choose to skip this step and connect to Wi-Fi in Settings later. This is not recommended, as your reMarkable will not be linked to the reMarkable cloud and your files will not be synced and stored. Wi-Fi is also necessary to get the latest updates for your reMarkable.
Log in or create a new account
Pair your reMarkable with the cloud to seamlessly transfer documents and ebooks to your paper tablet. The reMarkable cloud also allows you to access your content from the mobile and desktop apps and functions as a backup for your notes if you lose your device.
Create a reMarkable account
1. Go to my.remarkable.com
2. Click Sign up, enter your email address and click Continue.
3. Enter a password and click Continue. We’ll send you an email as part of the verification process.
4. Check your email inbox and follow the described steps to verify your account.
5. Click Verify your account in the email we sent you.
6. You’ll see this page when you’re done.
7. Once you’re logged in, click Pair your device.
8. Enter the one-time code on your reMarkable, and tap Enter.
9. You're connected. Tap Continue.
1. Select the language for the Handwriting conversion tool.
2. Tap the arrow to select another language than English. You can choose between several other languages, including French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
Choose right-handed or left-handed mode
Choose between right-handed or left-handed mode. This can be changed later in Accessibility Settings.
After setting up, you will be guided through a tutorial. This tutorial can be repeated by going to Help in Settings. Make sure to check if there are any software updates waiting for you in General settings.
- How to download and set up the desktop app
- How to download and set up the mobile app
- How to update your reMarkable