In this article you'll find information about using the EZ WAY app for deliveries to Taiwan.
Registering your purchase in the EZ WAY app
If you’re buying a reMarkable 2 and having it delivered to Taiwan, you’ll have to perform Real-Name Authentication (RNA) through the Taiwanese customs app EZ WAY. Completing the RNA process is required by Taiwanese authorities and is a necessary step in the purchase process.
Please read the following guidelines before placing your order:
- Registration of orders in EZ WAY is mandatory for all business-to-consumer (B2C) shipments to Taiwan.
- If you’re buying a reMarkable 2 and having it delivered to Taiwan, you’ll need to download the EZ WAY app and register your mobile phone number. This is a one-time process. Once this is done you can go ahead and place an order in our webshop.
- Once you have placed your order in our webshop, you'll be notified by DHL to authenticate the shipment in the EZ WAY app. This is required for both regular orders, or if you’re receiving a replacement device.
If you have an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) and don’t have a Taiwanese ID card, you can submit a Letter of Authorization through the EZ WAY app.
It’s important you use the EZ WAY app to provide the correct information for customs clearance. Please note that your full name and phone number registered in the EZ WAY app must match the information provided in our webshop at checkout. Our courier needs this information in order to deliver your order.
Please enter your mobile phone number in one of the following formats:
+886-9xx-xxx-xxx (with the +886 country code).
+886-09xx-xxx-xxx (with the +886 country code, followed by a zero).
09xx-xxx-xxx (without the +886 country code, and starting with a zero).
Quick summary of the EZ WAY purchase process:
- Register for RNA or LOA using the EZ WAY app.
- Enter your contact information when placing your order in our webshop so the information can be authenticated.
- Confirm your contact information through the EZ WAY app when the products are being processed by customs.
If your order is not registered in the EZ WAY app
Without the EZ WAY registration (one-off) and pre-authentication (per shipment), your shipment may be:
- Rejected during customs declaration
- Held at the Taipei Gateway. In this case, you will be contacted by DHL to complete the RNA process.
- Returned. The order will be returned if it’s not pre-registered and authenticated within 7 days of arrival.
- Subject to bond storage charges for the period that the shipment is held
If your order is returned to reMarkable
If your order gets rejected and you would like it reshipped, please get in touch with our support team here and provide the following information:
Full name: (Not company name)
Address line: (Cannot exceed 35 characters)
Note: DHL Express does not deliver to post box addresses.
Make sure that your full name, phone number, and tax ID corresponds with the information provided in the EZ WAY app.
Please note that Taiwanese citizens don't have to re-register shipments in the EZ WAY app. However, we still need: full name, phone number, and ID to ensure a hassle-free delivery of your order.
If you are a foreign national with an Alien Resident Certificate or a visitor to Taiwan, it is required to register your order through EZ WAY each time a product is imported to Taiwan. You will therefore be asked to fill out a LOA again.