Power settings allows you to enable or disable automatic sleep and automatic power off. Read more about the different power saving modes below.
|Battery Status||Battery charging|
Power saving modes
Light sleep allows you to see your content while preserving battery life. reMarkable will enter light sleep automatically after 20 minutes of inactivity.
- Wake the device from light sleep by pressing the home button or the prev/next buttons on the device.
Light sleep can not be activated manually.
reMarkable uses a minimum amount of power when sleep mode is enabled, and the touch screen is not activated. If automatic sleep is activated, reMarkable will go into sleep after 2 hours 40 minutes in light sleep or after 3 hours of inactivity. The device is not connected to Wi-Fi while in sleep mode.
- Put the device to sleep by pressing the power button once. The sleep sign will appear on the screen.
- Wake the device by pressing the power button.
- Turn off reMarkable by holding down the power button
- Enable or disable auto power off in Power Settings. If automatic power off is enabled, reMarkable will turn off 12 hours after inactivity.
If both auto sleep and auto power off are disabled, the device will stay on until the battery is empty.