WARNING: Failure to follow these safety instructions could result in fire, electric shock, injury, or damage to the reMarkable paper tablet or other property. Read all the safety information below before using the device.
Handle the reMarkable device with care. When transporting it, we advise you to keep your device in a folio to protect it. The device contains sensitive electronic components that can be damaged if dropped, cracked, burnt or bent. Do not attempt to insert foreign objects into the device.
Don’t use the reMarkable device or its accessories in rain or near other wet locations, as it contains electrical components that can be damaged if it comes in contact with liquid. If your device gets wet, unplug all cables and let the device go into sleep mode. Let the device dry completely before turning it on by pressing the power button. Do not attempt to dry your reMarkable with an external heat source, such as a microwave oven or hair dryer.
Don't expose the reMarkable device to extreme heat or cold. The device is designed to be used in temperatures between 0° and 35° C (32° and 95° F), and stored in temperatures between -10° and 45° C (14° and 113° F).
If your reMarkable needs service, do not open the device or attempt to repair it yourself. Disassembling the device may damage the device or cause injury to you. Please contact our customer support for more information.
The battery in the reMarkable should only be repaired or replaced by qualified personnel. Please contact our customer support for more information.
The USB cable included with the device is certified to meet the criteria of the USB-IF Compliance Program. Charge the device with the cable included with the device or with cables and power adapters that are compatible with USB 2.0 or later and meets the requirements of USB-IF Battery Charging Spec, Rev 1.2.
The device and accessories contain small parts that may present a choking hazard, and must be kept away from small children.
Using the reMarkable device can be distracting and may possibly cause dangerous situations. Avoid using the device while operating a vehicle.
Radio frequency energy exposure and interference
The reMarkable uses radio signals to connect to Wi-Fi. It is designed and manufactured not to exceed the exposure limits for radio frequency energy as set by the Federal Communications Commission of the United States (FCC). For more information read the FCC Compliance Statement or input your device’s FCC ID (which can be found on the back of your device) into the FCC ID search form available at https://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid.
Although the reMarkable complies with the regulations governing RF emission, the energy exposure from the device may negatively affect the operation of other electronic equipment.
To prevent possible interference or danger, Wi-Fi on the device should be turned off in areas where a wireless connection is forbidden, such as within an aircraft system. Be aware that RF signals could constitute a hazard in areas such as health care facilities or construction sites, and use of Wi-Fi may be restricted. The device should not be used or charged with potentially explosive atmospheres.
Medical device interference
The reMarkable contains magnets, as well as components and radios that emit electromagnetic fields. These may interfere with personal medical devices, such as pacemakers or defibrillators, that are sensitive to magnetic and electromagnetic fields.
Ensure to maintain a safe distance between the reMarkable and your medical device, and consult with a physician if interference is observed.
Note that objects with magnetically-stored data may be sensitive to magnetic or electromagnetic fields. Hence, items such as credit cards and hard drives should not be placed near the device.