New notebook settings with improved template selection
When creating a new notebook, you will now have the possibility to name the notebook and select a template right away. Choose one of your recently used templates, or tap “View all templates” to see all available templates.
After creating a notebook, you can find the notebook settings by tapping the three dot menu, and “Settings”.
We have now implemented Flight mode. Some airlines are very strict when it comes to Flight mode, and it is not necessarily sufficient to show that Wi-Fi is turned off. You can find the Flight mode in Device settings. When Flight mode is activated, there will be an icon on the home screen showing that Flight mode is enabled.
Many users have requested a safe way to ensure that they have deleted all the content on their device. This functionality is an easy step-by-step process that can be found in Account settings.
By doing a Factory reset all your files and settings on your reMarkable will be erased. If you log back in with a one time code, all the files that are backed up to the cloud will be synchronized and be made available again. After the Factory reset is done, the reMarkable will start up with the Setup and onboarding procedures. NB: Like with any other operating system, we cannot assure that files are erased permanently as all files can be restored by using specialized tools for restoring deleted files.
Improved template selection
We have made it easier to choose and change your templates. You can now find the template selector under Three dot menu in a Notebook or a Quick Sheet. The thumbnails for each template have been updated to make them easier to separate from each other.
When tapping “View all templates”, the templates are organized under five categories: All, Creative, Grids, Life/Organize and Lines. In this section you can also filter between Portrait and Landscape-based templates.
Improved Passcode interface
To ensure a higher level of security with regards to sensitive documents we have improved the Passcode interface. Users are now better equipped to customize the level of security. The new passcode interface is easier to use and gives better feedback both in setup and use.
Set your passcode in Security Settings.
Change or remove passcode.
Fixes & Improvements
Various bug fixes and improvements, including these:
- Improved and more informative error messages
- Improved usability for Adjust view, previously called Crop. You can also cancel your current adjustment by using Home button
- Improved navigation - home button functionality brings you home from more states
- Fixed a bug where exiting a notebook from zoom mode hid the content of the page
- Loading indicator, Zoom and Adjust view tool now rotates according to landscape mode
- Improvements on the writing experience
- Improved feedback to user that you have made a copy with the copy tool
- Improvements on scroll through search results
- Improvements to cursor in input fields