If you're experiencing problems logging in at https://my.remarkable.com, there are a few things that you can try.
First, make sure you're logging in with the correct method & credentials - i.e. if you created the account using Google or Facebook, make sure you use the same method to log in as well.
If you get the message "Wrong email or password.", i.e.:
Make sure that you're using the correct email address and password to log in. Keep in mind that even though some email services, such as Gmail, ignores certain characters such as dots and plusses, it's important to use the email address exactly as you wrote it when signing up.
If you are certain you're using the correct email address, you can click the "Don't remember your password?" link to reset your password:
Simply specify your email address and click "Send email" and an email with instructions on how to reset your password will be sent.
If you do not receive the email, please check your Spam and Trash folders, to make sure it has not been filtered as spam. If you have not received the email, that is an indicator that you either used a different email address when signing up, or actually used Facebook or Google for authentication.
The login seems successful, but I'm redirected to this error message
If you're able to log in - i.e. you don't get any messages about wrong email or password, but you end up at a page that looks something like this:
First of all, the development team would like to apologise for the unintuitive and ugly error message - we're hard at work on improving this part of the system. We recently upgraded our authentication system to ensure everything is nice and secure, but there are still some user interface details left to polish...
This error message is an indicator that your browser is most likely blocking third-party cookies, which is a functionality that we need enabled in order to log you in. Normally, blocking third-party cookies is disabled by default in most browsers, but as of iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra, Safari has blocking enabled by default.
Fixing the problem is slightly different from browser to browser, so find the one you're using below and follow the instructions.
- First open the browser Preferences (Chrome > Preferences on Mac, Chrome Menu > Settings on Windows).
- Scroll to, or search for, the Content settings section and click that.
- Next you'll have a section named Cookies at the top of the list. Click that.
- Finally, you'll need to make sure that Block third-party cookies is disabled, which you can do by clicking on the switch to the right to make sure it is greyed out:
If you're using Chrome on Android, the steps are similar:
- Open the Chrome menu by tapping the three dots in the top right corner of the browser.
- Then tap Settings in the menu.
- Then tap Site settings, under the Advanced section.
- Now you should have a Cookies alternative at the top of the list, which you should tap.
- In this screen you need to make sure that the Allow third-party cookies option is enabled, i.e. that the checkbox to the right contains a blue checkmark:
- First open the browser Preferences (Safari > Preferences).
- Then click the Privacy section in the menu.
- Here you need to make sure that the Prevent cross-site tracking option is unchecked:
If you're using Safari in iOS, the steps are similar:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to Safari and tap it.
- Scroll down to the Prevent Cross-Site Tracking setting and make sure it is disabled, i.e. the switch to the right should be greyed out (tap it if it's not):
- First open the browser Preferences (Firefox > Preferences on Mac, Menu button > Preferences on Windows).
- Click the Privacy & Security section on the left-hand menu.
- Scroll down, or search for, the section named Cookies and Site Data.
- Here you need to make sure that the setting for Accept third-party cookies and site data is set to either "From visited" (recommended) or "Always":
- Open the browser Settings (click the three dots in the toolbar, and then Settings).
- Scroll down to the View advanced settings option and click on it.
- In the Cookies section (found under Privacy and services), make sure Don't block cookies is selected:
If you still are experiencing issues with logging in to the web app, please get in touch with us here.