To avoid damage or injuries read important safety and handling information before using your reMarkable.
What you need to get started
- A reMarkable device.
- Micro USB cable + USB power plug.
- A mobile or desktop device.
- Access to a wireless network.
How to set up your reMarkable
Step by step
Turn on your reMarkable and follow the setup assistant on the device. The setup consists of a few simple steps that will get your reMarkable ready to go. The device arrives partially charged and does not need to be charged before the setup.
- Tap Press to get started.
Welcome! This is your startup screen.
- Connect to Wi-Fi by choosing an available Wi-Fi network. If necessary, enter a Wi-Fi password. You are connected when there is a white dot next to the selected Wi-Fi network. Once connected to Wi-Fi, tap next.
Choose your network
Note: You can choose to skip this step and connect to Wi-Fi from Settings later. This is not recommended, as your device will not be connected to the reMarkable cloud and your files will not be synced. Wi-Fi is also necessary to get the latest updates for your device.
After you have connected to WiFi you will be taken to this screen. Tap to continue
- Connect your devices to the reMarkable cloud to be able to access documents and ebooks on your reMarkable. The reMarkable cloud allows you to access your files in the mobile and desktop applications.
Tap the button to connect your device to the cloud.
Go to my.remarkable.com on a mobile or desktop device
- Log into my.remarkable.com from a mobile or desktop device and create a reMarkable account to connect to the reMarkable cloud. Once logged in, tap Get code for your reMarkable device. Note that the one-time code is only valid for 5 minutes.
A reMarkable account allows you to import documents and ebooks onto your device via the reMarkable cloud.
Create a reMarkable account
- Go to my.remarkable.com
- Click Sign up to create a new account. Choose whether you want to sign up with a Facebook or Google account, or up by using your email. The latter will initiate an email verification process.
- Check your email account and follow the described steps to verify your email.
- Click sign up. You now have a reMarkable account. Use this to connect your device and apps to your reMarkable account.
Note: If you choose to sign up with your email address, you have to confirm your account with the link received via email before you can proceed.
Sign up with Facebook, Google or your email address
You're in! Tap 'Get code' to connect your device.
- Enter the one-time code on your reMarkable device, and tap Go
Input the 8 character code to your reMarkable
- Your reMarkable is now connected to the cloud!
When connected, the device will be marked with a check mark in the browser
Success! You are connected.
- Tap Continue and choose between right-handed or left-handed mode. This can be changed later in Accessibility Settings.
Choose between right-handed and left-handed mode, then tap Finish
- Click restart to complete the setup. Once restarted, your reMarkable is ready to go with the latest updates.