Turn on your reMarkable and follow its setup assistant. The setup consists of a few simple steps that will get your reMarkable ready to go. The device arrives partially charged and doesn't need to be charged before setting up.
To avoid damage or injuries read important safety and handling information before using your reMarkable.
What you need to get started
- A reMarkable paper tablet.
- Micro USB cable and USB power adapter.
- A smartphone or computer.
- Access to a wireless network.
Please note: This article applies to devices with software 1.8 or older.
For devices with software 2.0 and newer versions, see this article.
How to set up your reMarkable
Step by step
- Tap Press to get started.
- Connect to Wi-Fi by choosing an available Wi-Fi network. If necessary, enter a Wi-Fi password. You are connected when there is a white dot next to the selected Wi-Fi network. Once connected to Wi-Fi, tap next.
Choose your network.
Note: You can choose to skip this step and connect to Wi-Fi from Settings later. This is not recommended, as your reMarkable will not be connected to the reMarkable cloud and your files will not be synced. Wi-Fi is also necessary to get the latest updates for your reMarkable.
After you have connected to Wi-Fi you will be taken to the above screen. Tap to continue.
- Connect your reMarkable to the reMarkable cloud to be able to seamlessly transfer documents and ebooks to your paper tablet. The reMarkable cloud also allows you to access your content from the mobile and desktop applications.
Tap the button to connect your device to the cloud.
Go to my.remarkable.com on a mobile or desktop device.
- Log in to my.remarkable.com from a mobile or desktop device and create a reMarkable account in order to connect to the reMarkable cloud. Once logged in, tap Get code for your reMarkable device. Note that the one-time code is only valid for five minutes.
Create a reMarkable account
- Go to my.remarkable.com
- Click Create new account, enter your email address and choose a password.
- Click Create account. This will initiate an email verification process.
- Check your email account and follow the described steps to verify your email.
You're in! Tap 'Get code' to connect your device.
- Enter the one-time code on your reMarkable paper tablet, and tap Go.
Input the eight character code to your reMarkable
- Your reMarkable is now connected to the cloud!
When connected, the device will be marked with a check mark in the browser.
Success! You are connected.
- Tap Continue and choose between right-handed or left-handed mode. This can be changed later in Accessibility Settings.
Choose between right-handed and left-handed mode, then tap Finish.
After setting up, feel free to check if there are any software updates waiting for you.
- How to download and set up the desktop application
- How to download and set up the mobile application
- How to update your reMarkable
- How to connect to the reMarkable cloud