Read this article to learn about how to use notebooks and quick sheets on your reMarkable tablet.
Notebooks are a place to take notes, draw, and sketch. Access pens, markers, and other writing tools in your notebooks by tapping the toolbar.
Managing your notebooks
- Add a new notebook by tapping the plus icon ( ) in the menu at the top of the display when you’re in My Files or a folder.
- Add pages by swiping right when you’re on the last page in your notebook. You can also add a page by tapping page overview ( ) in the toolbar, then Add page ( ). New pages are automatically added to the end of your notebooks unless you add them in page overview.
- View all pages in a notebook by tapping page overview ( ) in the toolbar. Go back to the page you were viewing by tapping Back, or tap a page to open it.
Make it easier to browse through your content by setting a cover page for your notebooks. You can either choose the first or last used page of your document as the cover.
Setting a cover page for your notebook
- Tap the notebook icon ( ) at the bottom of the toolbar.
- Tap Notebook settings ( ).
- Tap Last page visited or First page. Here you can also rename your notebook.
- Tap Save to set the cover page.
Quick sheets are notebooks for taking notes on the go, without having to create a new notebook.
You can access quick sheets from My files. Quick sheets can't be moved or deleted, but you can delete single pages.
Deleting pages in quick sheets
- Tap page overview ( ) in the toolbar.
- Long-press the pages you want to delete.
- Tap Delete in the menu at the top of the display.
Add a page by tapping page overview ( ) in the toolbar, then Add page ( ). You can also add pages by swiping to the right when you’re viewing the last page in quick sheets.
Use layers to make more complex drawings or sketches, or to show and hide sections of your work. Add or remove layers by tapping the layers icon in the toolbar.
Tap document settings at the bottom of the toolbar to access notebook settings, add pages, or switch between landscape and portrait view.
- How to use templates
- Read more about the different tools
- Share your content by email directly from your reMarkable