Important things to know when using the handwriting conversion feature:
- The handwriting conversion feature only converts handwritten notes in notebooks, not in PDFs or ebooks.
- You need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network and logged in to a reMarkable account (my.remarkable.com) in order to use the handwriting conversion feature.
- You can edit and share your converted notes via email (see below) but they will not be stored on the device.
- Writing at an angle or non-horizontally won’t work, nor do symbols (such as mathematical symbols and diagrams), but several forms of bullet points are recognized…and some smiley faces too.
How to convert handwritten
Convert in your selected language
For the best results when converting text you can specify which language your notes are written in. We currently support 33 languages.
Go to the Settings page.
Select Handwriting Conversion.
Tap on the language currently selected.
Select your new language.
The handwriting conversion feature supports the following languages:
Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan , Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Canada), English (United Kindom), English (United States), Estonia, Finnish, French (Canada), French (France), Galician, German (Austria),German (Germany), Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenia, Spanish and Swedish.
How to convert handwritten notes to text
- Open a Notebook.
- Tap the Convert to text button (top right).
- Once your handwritten notes are converted to text you can edit and share them with others. If you edit this text, your handwritten notes will not be affected. To edit the text, simply tap the word or letter you want to edit and use the keyboard to make the changes.
- In the top menu bar, you will see the Send button. This will take you to the email sharing feature where you can input the recipient(s).
The converted document will be sent as the body text in the email.
How to convert multiple pages at once
- Tap the select pages button in the top right corner of the Action bar when your first page of conversion is done.
- Select which pages you would like to convert in the Page overview and tap Convert.