The reMarkable desktop app lets you view, Screen Share, organize, import, and download files.
Once you have set up the desktop and/or mobile app, your device is paired with the reMarkable cloud. All your notebooks, documents, and ebooks will be synced across your devices when connected to Wi-Fi.
The desktop app can be installed on the following operating systems:
- Windows 10 and newer
- MacOS 10.13 and newer
If you can’t access our companion apps for mobile or desktop, then importing files from your browser using my.remarkable.com is an easy way to transfer them to your paper tablet. Find instructions for importing files using my.remarkable.com here.
1. Go to my.remarkable.com and log into your account.
2. Click Device & apps in the menu in the top-right corner.
3. Click Desktop app and select Download.
4. Open the app and click Get a one-time code. You will be redirected to a browser window to receive a one-time code.
5. Enter the one-time code in your desktop app and click Log in.
6. The desktop app is now set up.
Note: You must first set up your paper tablet before using the desktop app.
Organize your files
The desktop app enables you to organize your files and folders, as well as to copy, move, bookmark and delete files. Tap the specific menu on a file or a folder, and select one of the options in the side menu, or use drag and drop to move your files.
Import through the desktop app to get documents and ebooks onto your device. Once imported, your files will be synced across your devices.
- Open the desktop app.
- Click the Import button in the menu at the top of the app.
- Select a file from the browser menu, and click Open. You can also import a file by using drag and drop.
- The file will sync automatically to your device if you’re connected to Wi-Fi. Only files in the supported file formats (PDF and EPUB) will be transferred to your device.
Drag and drop
Simply drag a file into the application window and the file will be transferred to your linked devices.
The file will sync automatically to your device if you’re connected to Wi-Fi.
Export files (download to computer)
- Select the file you want to export.
- Right-click the file or click Document in the top left corner.
- Click Export as PDF, Export as PNG to folder or Export as SVG to folder depending on what format you prefer.
- Choose a location for the exported file on your computer.
- Your file will now start downloading to your computer.
Having trouble installing the desktop app on your computer? Go to Help installing the desktop app.