Add extra security by enabling a passcode for your device. You will be asked for your passcode when the device is turned on or awakened from sleep mode. If you need to change or disable your passcode for any reason, it can be reset by going to Settings > Security and then tapping Change passcode.
However, after several incorrect passcode attempts, you'll get a lockout timer that will prevent you from trying again. The lockout timer also increases for each failed attempt, to a maximum of one hour.
You can factory reset your device if you forget your passcode. If you try the wrong passcode too many times, then you'll be able to reset your device by following the instructions on the device and visiting my.remarkable.com. Use your email address and password for your cloud account to log in and reset.
Add passcode on the reMarkable paper tablet
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Security and toggle Passcode to On.
- Enter the new passcode.
- Verify the new passcode. If the passcodes don't match you have to try again.
Change or remove a passcode
- Go to Settings and tap Security.
- Tap on Change passcode or toggle Passcode to Off.
- Enter your old passcode.
Reset reMarkable account
1. Open my.remarkable.com.
2. Enter your email address and click Continue.
3. Click Forgot password?
4. Enter your email address. Follow the instructions found in the email to reset your password.
If you have registered a reMarkable user account by using a Google account or a Facebook account, you will not be able to reset your password through email. Sign in with your Google or Facebook account in order to access your reMarkable account.
If you are still experiencing issues with your device, please contact us here.