Add extra security by enabling a passcode for your device. You will be asked for your passcode when the device is turned on or awakened from sleep mode. The passcode can only be reset from Security settings, but you have an unlimited number of trials to unlock your device.
After several failed password attempts, you will get a lockout timer. The lockout timer will increase for every failed attempt. You're able to factory reset your device if you forget your passcode. If you try the wrong passcode too many times, you'll be able to reset your device by following the instructions on the device and visiting my.remarkable.com.
Add passcode on the reMarkable paper tablet:
- Go to Settings
- Tap Security and toggle Passcode to On
- Enter the new passcode.
- Verify the new passcode. If the passcodes don't match you have to try again.
Change or remove a passcode:
- Go to Settings and tap Security
- Tap on Change passcode or toggle Passcode to Off
- Enter your old passcode
Reset reMarkable account:
- Open my.remarkable.com
- Select "Log in"
- Select "Don't remember your password?"
- Enter your email address. Follow the instructions found in the email in order to reset your password
If you have registered a reMarkable user account by using a Google account or a Facebook account, you will not be able to reset your password through email. Sign in with your Google or Facebook account in order to access your reMarkable account.
If you are still experiencing issues your device, please contact us here.