In this article you’ll find information about how to use templates in notebooks.
Your reMarkable tablet has several templates for writing or drawing in your notebooks. Choose the ruled template if you want to have lined paper for writing, the music template if you’re writing music, or the weekly schedule if you’re planning your week.
Templates are only available for notebooks, not PDFs or EPUBs.
How to choose a template
- Open a notebook.
- Tap the layers icon in the toolbar.
- Tap Template.
- Tap the template you want to use.
The selected template will be used for all new pages within that notebook. You can change templates at any time.
You can also set the template when creating a new notebook:
- Tap the plus icon in the menu at the top of the display when you’re in My Files or a folder.
- Choose one of your recently used templates, or tap View all templates.
- Tap Create to create the new notebook with the selected template.
Templates are organized under five categories: All, Creative, Grids, Life/Organize, and Lines. You can also filter between portrait and landscape templates.
Note: Custom templates aren’t supported on reMarkable 1 or 2.
Our Cornell template is named after a top university and memory aid. The Cornell Method, developed in the 1950s but popular today, is a note-taking system that’s deceptively simple, adding a structure to your notes to help you learn quicker.
Originally for students, it promotes clarity and reflection, so is perfect for anyone with a lot to memorize. Each page is divided into three clear sections with a specific role.
How to use the Cornell Method
1. In the left-hand column, write the topic that ties your notes together. Include any keywords you want to look up and ‘cue’ questions to jog your memory.
2. Record the key facts on your subject using short sentences, bullets, and abbreviations in the large area on the right-hand side of the page.
3. Use the bottom section to write a few sentences capturing the main points. When scanning your notes, reading this summary saves time.
Get organized with weekly and daily planners
Choose from our weekly and daily planners to get organized and plan ahead. You’ll find the planner templates under Life/organize in the template overview.
Design and create with creative templates
Use templates to sketch out and share your designs. Creative templates help you visualize your ideas, and sharing your artwork is much easier with our Share feature.
Head to Creative in the template overview to select your template.