Battery settings allows you to enable or disable automatic sleep and automatic power off. Read more about the different power saving modes below.
|Battery Status||Battery charging|
Power saving modes
Light sleep allows you to see your content while preserving battery life. Your reMarkable will enter light sleep automatically after 20 minutes of inactivity.
- Wake the device from light sleep by pressing the home button or the prev/next buttons on the device
Light sleep can't be activated manually.
reMarkable uses a minimum amount of power when sleep mode is enabled. If automatic sleep is activated, your reMarkable will go into sleep after 2 hours, 40 minutes in light sleep or after 3 hours of inactivity. The device is not connected to Wi-Fi while in sleep mode.
- Enter sleep mode by pressing the power button once
- Wake the device by pressing the power button
- Turn off your reMarkable by holding down the power button and tapping Turn off
- Enable or disable auto power off in Battery settings. If automatic power off is enabled, your reMarkable will turn off after 12 hours of inactivity.
If both auto sleep and auto power off are disabled, your device will stay on until the battery is empty.
Tap the On/Off button in the Battery settings to display or hide the battery percentage.