In this article you’ll find information about selecting your preferred language for handwriting conversion and the onscreen keyboard.
Go to Language settings to choose between keyboard languages and set the language for handwriting conversion. You can access language settings from the homepage by tapping Menu in the top left corner, Settings at the bottom of the sidebar, then Language.
Your reMarkable tablet has an onscreen keyboard that appears when you need to type in information. You can find your default keyboard in language settings.
Changing the keyboard language
- Tap the language currently displayed to change to another keyboard language
- You can also change the keyboard language by tapping the language icon ( ) in the onscreen keyboard.
Using the onscreen keyboard
- Tap the number key 123 to enter numbers or symbols.
- Tap the ( ) key for additional symbols.
- Tap the letter key abc to return to the regular keyboard.
- Tap the shift key ( ) to activate uppercase letters, and hold down shift to turn on caps lock.
- Long press on a letter to add accented characters.
- Change the keyboard language by tapping the language icon ( ).