The most common cause for the "SSL handshake failed" error message is that the internal clock of the reMarkable is out of sync.
Please follow these steps to synchronize the clock on your reMarkable paper tablet:
- Restart your device.
- Disable all the power saving features in the Power settings.
- Connect your device to Wi-Fi.
- Connect your device to your PC/Mac with the USB-cable.
- Wait for at least 30-40 minutes.
- Try to use the one-time code again.
When performing these steps, it's important that the computer is also connected to the internet. In addition, make sure that you don't put the computer or the reMarkable tablet to sleep while you wait. They will both have to be "awake" for this to work.
If you are still experiencing issues with your reMarkable tablet, please contact us here.