The "SSL handshake failed" error message is most likely to appear if the internal clock on your reMarkable is out of sync. In this article you’ll learn how to sync the clock.
To perform these troubleshooting steps, you’ll need a USB cable and the desktop app installed on your computer.
Follow these steps to synchronize the clock on your reMarkable:
- Restart your reMarkable.
- Turn off all the power saving features. Tap Menu in the top corner, Settings, then Battery to access Battery settings (here’s a guide).
- Connect your device to Wi-Fi (see how to connect to Wi-Fi here).
- Connect your device to your PC or Mac with a USB-cable.
- Wait for at least 30-40 minutes.
- The clock on your reMarkable has now been synced, and the error message should no longer appear.
When performing these steps, it's important that your computer is connected to the internet. Also, make sure that you don't put your computer or your reMarkable in sleep mode while you wait.
If you’re still receiving this error message, please contact us here.