Turn on your reMarkable and follow its setup assistant. The setup consists of a few simple steps that will get your reMarkable ready to go. The device arrives partially charged and doesn't need to be charged before setting up.
To avoid damage or injuries read important safety and handling information before using your reMarkable.
What you need to get started
- A reMarkable paper tablet.
- Micro USB cable and USB power adapter.
- A smartphone or computer.
- Access to a wireless network.
Please note: This article applies to devices with software 2.0 and newer.
For devices with older software versions, see this article.
How to set up your reMarkable
Step by step
Connect to Wi-Fi
Choose an available Wi-Fi network. If necessary, enter a Wi-Fi password.
Choose your network.
Type password and tap Enter.
You can also connect to enterprise networks by entering the following:
- EAP method: PEAP
- Validate CA certificate: Off
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
- Enter identity: Type your username here
- Enter anonymous identity: Leave this blank
- Enter password: Type your password here
Be aware that these settings are case-sensitive
Tap Enter to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Note: You can choose to skip this step and connect to Wi-Fi from Settings later. This is not recommended, as your reMarkable will not be connected to the reMarkable cloud and your files will not be synced. Wi-Fi is also necessary to get the latest updates for your reMarkable.
Connect to your account
Connect your reMarkable to the reMarkable cloud to be able to seamlessly transfer documents and ebooks to your paper tablet. The reMarkable cloud also allows you to access your content from the mobile and desktop applications.
Log in to my.remarkable.com from a mobile or desktop device and create a reMarkable account in order to connect to the reMarkable cloud. Once logged in, tap Get code for your reMarkable device. Note that the one-time code is only valid for five minutes.
Create a reMarkable account
- Go to my.remarkable.com
- Click sign up to create a new account. Choose whether you want to sign up with a Facebook or Google account, or up by using your email. The latter will initiate an email verification process.
- Check your email account and follow the described steps to verify your email.
- Click sign up. You now have a reMarkable account. Use this to connect your reMarkable and apps to your reMarkable account.
Note: If you choose to sign up with your email address, you have to confirm your account with the link received via email before you can proceed.
Enter the one-time code on your reMarkable paper tablet, and tap Enter.
Success! You are connected.
When connected, the device will be marked with a check mark in the browser.
Select language for the handwriting conversion tool.
Tap the arrow to choose another language than English (default).
Choose right-handed or left-handed mode
Choose between right-handed or left-handed mode. This can be changed later in Accessibility Settings.
- How to download and set up the desktop application
- How to download and set up the mobile application
- How to update your reMarkable