Turn on your reMarkable and follow the setup assistant to guide you through the process.
The setup consists of a few simple steps that will get your reMarkable ready to go. The device arrives partially charged and doesn't need to be charged before setting up.
Warning: To avoid damage or injuries read important safety and handling information before using your reMarkable.
What you need to get started
- A reMarkable paper tablet.
- USB-C cable and USB power adapter/brick.
- A smartphone or computer.
- Access to a wireless (Wi-Fi) network.
How to set up your reMarkable
Step by step:
1. Press and hold the power button to get started
2. Test your writing on the display
Connect to Wi-Fi
3. Choose an available Wi-Fi network. If necessary, enter a Wi-Fi password.
4. Type the password and tap Enter.
You can also connect to enterprise networks by entering the following:
- EAP method: PEAP
- Validate CA certificate: Off
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
- Enter identity: Type your username here
- Enter anonymous identity: Leave this blank
- Enter password: Type your password here
Be aware that these settings are all case-sensitive
5. Tap Enter to connect to the Wi-Fi network. Success!
Note: You can choose to skip this step and connect to Wi-Fi from the Settings menu later. This is not recommended, as your reMarkable will not be connected to the reMarkable cloud and your files will not be synced and stored. Wi-Fi is also necessary to get the latest updates for your reMarkable.
Connect to your account
Connect your reMarkable to the reMarkable cloud to be able to seamlessly transfer documents and ebooks to your paper tablet. The reMarkable cloud also allows you to access your content from our mobile and desktop applications and functions as a backup for your notes if you lose your device.
Log in to my.remarkable.com from a mobile or desktop device and create a reMarkable account in order to connect to the reMarkable cloud. Once logged in, tap Get code for your reMarkable device. Note that the one-time code is only valid for five minutes.
Create a reMarkable account
1. Go to my.remarkable.com
2. Click Create new account, enter your email address and choose a password.
3. Click Create account. This will initiate an email verification process.
4. Check your email account and follow the described steps to verify your email.
5. Click on the drop-down menu in the top right corner and select Home. Click on "Activate a new reMarkable" to access the one-time code.
6. Enter the one-time code on your reMarkable paper tablet, and tap Enter.
Success! You're connected. When connected, the device will be marked with a checkmark in your browser window at my.remarkable.com.
1. Select the language for the handwriting conversion tool
Choose right-handed or left-handed mode
Choose between right-handed or left-handed mode. This can be changed later in Accessibility Settings.
After setting up, you will be guided through a tutorial. This tutorial is always available in Help under Settings. Check if there are any software updates waiting for you in General settings.
Note: This article applies to devices running software 2.0 or newer. For information on how to update your reMarkable, head here.
- How to download and set up the desktop application
- How to download and set up the mobile application
- How to update your reMarkable