If you experience that your Marker is completely unresponsive, or if it writes even though it's not touching the screen, the problem is most likely either the Marker or the Marker tip.
If the Marker is completely unresponsive, try the following:
- Check whether finger touch still works. If it does work, the paper tablet is likely not the problem
- Test whether navigating still works with the Marker
- Double check that you haven’t selected white color, or the eraser
If the steps above did not help, or if the Marker is writing without touching the screen, try the following steps:
- Take out the Marker tip and inspect it. Make sure the Marker tip is not bent, dented or similar
- Gently blow into the Marker
- Put the Marker tip back in
- If that doesn't make a difference, replace the Marker tip with a new one. Make sure it sits firmly inside the Marker and restart your reMarkable
For more information, please see this article.