In this article you’ll find information about what to do if your one-time code isn’t working, or if you’re having trouble using the code when setting up our mobile and desktop companion apps.
If you’re having issues with the one-time code, attempt the following and try again:
- Restart your Wi-Fi router and reMarkable paper tablet
- If you’re using a VPN service, try turning it off
- Change the Wi-Fi channel
- Change the network security settings to WPA2, if you haven't already. Also try the other available network settings when using the one-time code.
- Change the Wi-Fi frequency from 5 GHz to 2.4 GHz or vice versa
- Make sure your Wi-Fi router's firmware is up to date
Receiving a one-time code for the desktop and mobile apps
Make sure that you’re signed in with the correct account details at my.remarkable.com. Signing in with Facebook or Google authentication instead of your email creates two separate accounts.
If you’re trying to pair the mobile or desktop app to your reMarkable cloud account, go to my.remarkable.com and log in first, then proceed with installing the app on your other device.
You’ll be able to request a new one-time code if it doesn’t appear automatically.
Receiving a one-time code to activate your reMarkable
If you don’t receive a one-time code when setting up your reMarkable, you can skip the step where you pair your device with our cloud service. You’ll be able to pair your paper tablet with the cloud (letting you sync, backup, and transfer notes and documents) after you’ve completed your setup.
You’ll see a Skip button in the bottom right-hand corner on your reMarkable. If you can’t see the option to skip this step, tap Back in the upper right-hand corner to complete the setup process.
Once you’ve finished your setup, go to Settings to pair your device with the reMarkable cloud.
- Tap Menu in the top-left corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General, then Connect to the reMarkable cloud.
- Tap Connect.
- Go to my.remarkable.com on your computer or phone to get a new one-time code.
- Type in your new one-time code on your reMarkable and tap Enter.
If your reMarkable continues displaying a login screen after you’ve entered your one-time code, please get in touch with our support team and we’ll do our best to help you finish this step.