Use Screen Share to instantly present what you're writing or sketching on your computer.
Here are a few things to check before you start:
- Your reMarkable needs to be paired with the cloud
- Make sure you have the reMarkable desktop app installed (Version 2.8.1 or newer)
- Check that both your device and desktop are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- If you don’t have a Wi-Fi connection, you can share your screen using a USB cable
- Log in to your desktop app (update to the newest version if necessary).
How to present with Screen Share
Open the file you want to present. (Screen Share works in notebooks, PDFs, and ebooks)
- From the sidebar menu, tap on the share icon.
- Select Present with Screen Share to get started.
- A window will appear in your desktop app asking you to accept the Screen Share invite.
- Tap Accept to start presenting from your reMarkable.
- You can now share this window in digital meetings or on an external monitor of your choice.
To stop Screen Share tap on the share icon in the sidebar menu, then tap Stop sharing your screen.
A guide to the features in Screen Share
You have a pointer functionality in Screen Share for drawing attention to different parts of the page. To use it, hold your Marker tip just above the display and a red dot will appear in your desktop app window.
Screen Share will not show the My files home screen on your device, only one document at a time. This means that you can switch between documents while sharing your screen without showing your audience any of your private files or notebooks.
You can switch from portrait to landscape view from your device while Screen Share is active.
Highlighting with colors
When you're presenting with Screen Share, you can use the highlighter tool to highlight text in yellow, green, or pink. The highlighter will show as different shades of grey on your reMarkable, but appears in color on exported documents and in Screen Share.
Choose between red and blue when you're using the fineliner, marker or ballpoint pen while presenting with Screen Share.
Note: As of January 2022, LiveView has been discontinued and replaced by Screen Share. You can access Screen Share by updating your reMarkable paper tablet to the latest software version. For information on how to update your reMarkable, head here.