Use Screen Share to instantly present what you are writing or sketching on your computer.
Here are a few things to check before you start presenting your ideas live:
- You'll need to be connected to the reMarkable cloud with an active account.
- Make sure you have the reMarkable desktop app installed (Version 2.8.1 or newer)
- Check that both your device and desktop are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Log in to your desktop app (update to the newest version if necessary see above).
How to present with Screen Share:
- Open the file you want to present. (Screen Share works in notebooks, PDFs, and ebooks)
- From the sidebar menu, tap on the share icon.
- Select Present with Screen Share to get started.
- A window will appear in your desktop app asking you to accept the Screen Share invite.
- Tap Accept to start presenting from your reMarkable.
- You can now share this window in digital meetings or on an external monitor of your choice.
To stop Screen Share tap on the share icon in the sidebar menu, then tap Stop sharing your screen.
A guide to the features in Screen Share:
You have a pointer functionality in Screen Share for drawing attention to different parts of the page. Hold your Marker tip just above the display and a red dot will appear in your desktop app window.
Screen Share will not show the My files home screen on your device, only one document at a time. You can switch documents while sharing and can present without showing any of your private files.
You can switch from portrait to landscape view from your device while Screen Share is active.
Note: This article applies to devices running software 2.9 or newer. Once you have updated to this version, LiveView will be disabled. For information on how to update your reMarkable, head here.