Read this article to find out how you add Google Drive and Dropbox to your reMarkable.
Integrate the most popular file-sharing services with your paper tablet using our new Integrations feature. Browse your files, copy them to your reMarkable, and upload notes and documents directly to your Google Drive or Dropbox account from your paper tablet.
You’ll need software version 2.10 installed on your reMarkable to access this feature.
How to add your Google Drive and Dropbox accounts to your reMarkable
1. Sign in to my.remarkable.com and go to Manage integrations. To get started, accept the terms and conditions, then select Confirm.
2. Click Add below the Google Drive or Dropbox icon, and sign in using the password for the email address linked to the new third party account.
3. You’re now able to name this account. To skip this step, click the X in the corner.
4. Your Google Drive or Dropbox account has now been activated on your device.
5. New accounts (up to five) can be connected by clicking Add New.
To remove an account from your device, just go to ‘Manage Integrations’ and choose Remove under the account you want to disconnect. You can add or remove accounts at any time.
Now that you’ve added your chosen service to your reMarkable, here’s how to transfer files
1. Just select Menu in the top corner.
2. Now you can select Google Drive or Dropbox in the sidebar menu. Here you’ll be able to browse and copy compatible files from these services directly to your device.
3. Long-press on a file in Google Drive or Dropbox to copy it to My Files. To select multiple files, long-press on one, then tap the others you want to include.
4. Upload a file from My files to Google Drive or Dropbox by long-pressing on the file and then selecting Upload in the black action bar menu along the top of the display.
Things to know when using Integrations
- reMarkable 1 and reMarkable 2 are compatible with PDF files and EPUB ebooks. Unfortunately, other file types can’t be transferred to your paper tablet.
- Docs, slides, and sheets from Google Drive can be viewed as PDFs on your reMarkable paper tablet. These files can also be copied to My Files as PDFs to work on or annotate.
- Files saved in Google Drive or Dropbox can be sorted to show compatible files first, making viewing and copying documents across to your paper tablet easier.
- Filter your files by tapping Sort by, and then Compatibility in the top right hand corner.