These Terms and Conditions for Third Party Integrations (the “Integration Addendum”) governs the use of reMarkable’s third party software integrations and any updates to such software (the “Integrations”). The Integrations are designed to enable our services to interoperate with a third party application or service (a “Third Party Service'').
This Integration Addendum forms a part of and modifies the Terms and Conditions reMarkable Cloud Subscriptions (the “Subscription Agreement”) with respect to the Integrations
You are responsible for reading and complying with any amended version of this Integration Addendum that is posted here, subject to us notifying you by email at least 30 days prior to such amendments taking effect. Your continued use of the Integrations after the end of such notification period means you accept the amended terms.
The Integrations are licensed to you by reMarkable under the terms of the Subscription Agreement and this Integration Addendum. reMarkable retains ownership of all rights, title and interest in and to the Integrations, and reserves all rights not expressly granted to you.
Permitted license uses, restrictions and terms
- The Integration Addendum allows you to use the Integrations to connect reMarkable’s services to a Third Party Service under the Subscription Agreement. You may not rent, lease, lend, redistribute or sublicense the Integrations software.
- Any use of the Integrations shall comply with all applicable law, regulation, and third party rights.
- The use of a Third Party Service may require the creation and use of an account and agreement to additional terms and conditions. You agree to comply with any additional terms and conditions applicable to your access and use of Third Party Services, including any access and use through the Integrations.
- The Integrations may access and/or transmit content, information or data between reMarkable’s services and a Third Party Service. reMarkable is responsible for the security, integrity or processing of content by our services. Processing of content, information or data that is transferred between our services and Third Party Services is subject to our privacy notice, which may be amended from time to time.
- reMarkable is not responsible for the security, integrity or processing of content by Third Party Service providers. Such processing is governed by your agreement with the Third Party Service providers and their privacy notice and practices.
- reMarkable may provide updated versions of the Integrations in our sole discretion. You may use such updates or restore the Integrations subject to the terms of this Integration Addendum.
- You may not copy, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, attempt to derive the source code of, decrypt, modify or create derivative works of the Integrations, or any part thereof, except as and to the extent permitted by licensing terms governing the use of open-sourced components included with the Integrations or permitted by applicable law
By using any of the Integrations, you hereby grant reMarkable the right to use, modify, adapt, reproduce, distribute, and display content made available through the Integrations solely to the extent necessary to provide the Integrations, or our services. You furthermore grant reMarkable the right to provide such rights to Third Party Service(s) as required by the terms and conditions for APIs offered by these Third Party Services.
If you add Google Drive as an integration, you specifically agree to give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, sublicensable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to Use content submitted, posted, or displayed to or from the APIs for the sole purpose of enabling Google to provide, secure and improve the APIs as required by the Google APIs Terms of Service. "Use" in this context means use, host, store, modify, communicate, and publish.
If you use the Integrations to access, modify or transfer content to and from a Microsoft account, you may at revoke the Integrations’ access at any time by visiting https://account.live.com/consent/Manage
Termination or expiration
This Integration Addendum will terminate immediately and without specific notice upon any termination or expiration of your subscription to the services with which the Integrations are offered. Upon such termination or expiration, you are no longer permitted to use the Integrations.
reMarkable may also terminate this Integration Addendum or restrict or remove access to some or all of the Integrations with 15 days notice without cause. Furthermore, we may immediately terminate this Addendum or restrict or remove access if any third party restricts, prevents or ceases to authorize the installation of the Integrations, or if we have reason to believe that you violate the Subscription Agreement or the Integration Addendum.
You are not entitled to any refund, credit or other compensation due to the termination of this Addendum.
Service level agreement
Any service level agreement in effect between you and reMarkable shall not apply to the Integrations.
THE INTEGRATIONS ARE LICENSED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. REMARKABLE DOES NOT GIVE EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, OR CONDITIONS IN RELATION TO THE INTEGRATION, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
BY USING THE INTEGRATIONS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT REMARKABLE DOES NOT WARRANT THE USE OF THE INTEGRATIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE, TIMELY OR SECURE. REMARKABLE MAY AT ANY TIME CEASE SUPPORTING AND/OR MAKING THE INTEGRATIONS AVAILABLE.
Limitation of liability
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU CAN ONLY CLAIM DIRECT DAMAGES UP TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR ACCESS TO THE INTEGRATIONS OR $ 5 USD WHICHEVER IS GREATER. YOU AGREE NOT TO SEEK AND WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO SEEK TO RECOVER ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFITS, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES TO ANYTHING RELATED TO INTEGRATIONS OR THIRD PARTY SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE INTEGRATIONS, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Unless prohibited by applicable law, you will defend and indemnify reMarkable against all liabilities, damages, losses, costs, fees (including legal fees), and expenses relating to the extent relating to any allegation or third-party legal proceeding to the extent arising from (i) your misuse of the Integrations (ii) violations of this Addendum or terms on the basis of which the relevant Third Party Service provider provides products or services that are subject of the integration.