Read this article if you’re having trouble using the Screen Share feature.
Here are a few things to check before using Screen Share:
- You need to be paired with the reMarkable cloud.
- Make sure you have the reMarkable desktop app installed (Version 2.8.1 or newer).
- Check that both your device and desktop are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.*
- You can also use a USB-C cable to share your screen on your desktop without Wi-Fi.
*Please note: Guest networks or Wi-Fi networks using a secure gateway can interfere with Screen Share. Try checking on your home network, or mobile hot-spot if you can’t connect.
Firewall settings on your computer can also prevent Screen Share from working correctly.
If you’re using Windows 10 for example, try reconfiguring your firewall settings:
1. Open the Control Panel or Settings menu
2. Search and click Windows Defender Firewall
3. Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall
4. Click Change Settings
5. Click Allow another app
6. Click the Browse button
7. Navigate to the reMarkable app location (for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\reMarkable)
8. Click the Add button
9. Select the checkboxes Private and Public on the right hand side.
10. Click the OK button
11. Restart the reMarkable app
12. Open the Share Screen feature on your reMarkable device