Read this article if you’re having trouble sending web articles to your paper tablet with the Read on reMarkable Chrome extension.
Web content doesn’t appear on my paper tablet
If you’ve tried to send articles to your reMarkable using the Read on reMarkable Chrome extension but it’s not working, check that you’re using the same email address (account details) on your reMarkable tablet and at my.remarkable.com.
If you’re using different email addresses, this could be why it’s not working correctly.
How to check which email address you’re using on your reMarkable tablet
- Go to Settings in the main menu.
- Under General, go to Account. The email address you’re using is displayed here.
How to check which email address you’re using at my.remarkable.com
- Go to my.remarkable.com and sign in.
- Click the menu in the top right-hand corner. Here, you’ll see which account is being used. (If you’re unsure, log out and log in again.)
Articles don’t display correctly
Keep in mind that each website has its own way of displaying content, which can cause pages to look different when they’re sent to your reMarkable tablet. Content can be sent in a simple text format or as a PDF, which will appear differently on your reMarkable.
- When sending content in text format, images are not included, but their captions often are. In some cases, this means the content can appear on the page in the wrong order.
- When sending as PDF, images may be cropped or not included in the document. Dialogue boxes and other website architecture may be shown in the readable PDF along with the main text.
Help sending Word and PowerPoint documents as PDFs to your reMarkable
- If you can’t find the reMarkable icon when you click the Home button in Word or PowerPoint, try clicking the three dots to expand the menu. You should see the reMarkable icon there.
- You’ll need an updated version of Microsoft Office to use the add-in. This is due to browser compatibility issues with Internet Explorer. Find a list of the supported Office versions here.
- Please note that the Read on reMarkable Office add-in needs to be installed separately in Word and PowerPoint, but the steps to do so are exactly the same in each program.